Photography talks and lectures
If you want me to give a presentation to your photographic society, camera club or college please get in touch. Talks usually comprise of a slide show, discussion and Q&As and can be tailored to your requirements.
The Covid-19 situation has obviously made in-person events impossible, but it has made Zoom a viable alternative. It also opens the possibility of talks to venues outside of the local area – even outside the UK. If you are looking to book a speaker please get in touch.
I was one of the guest speakers at the Yorkshire Photographic Union ‘Keighley Day’ event 2019
Here’s a brief review of a previous event at Bradford Photographic Society.
Bradford Photographic Society felt very honoured to have had John Gill as one of the key Speakers in our syllabus during September 2016. As President of BPS, I invited John, Bridget and Freya Gill, John took on the key speaker role with support from family. Best ever street photographers we have experienced for a very long time at BPS. Almost every image shown got a big WOW effect from members, followed by intense applaud, inspiring some in our group to pursue in the art of street photography, whole session was fascinating to view and very inspirational throughout.
John is an outstanding photographer who has the eye for perfect and very timely capture, followed closely by Bridget and Freya, specialising in street photography documenting life as it is today in Northern Cities and Towns, reflecting social structure and economy, capturing history in motion. No doubt their images will be seen by many throughout UK and rest of the World as historical images of the North for many years to come.
John, Bridget & Freya projected themselves as outstanding, with immense knowledge of society’s current, social and cultural phase, hence their speciality of street photography.
I feel it is an honour to have connective links with Gill’s family, they are the best in whole of Yorkshire in my opinion. Worthy of any photographic exhibitions and have the power of enlightening photography to attract general members of the public to the exhibitions.
Rais Hasan – LRPS LDPS
President Bradford Photographic Society
- January 30th 2020 – Bradford Photographic Society – Reviewed on the BPS website
April 4th 2020 – Royal Photographic Society AGM – Wakefield– CANCELLED due to the coronavirus situation April 27th 2020 – Castleford Camera Club– CANCELLED due to the coronavirus situation
- October 14th 2020 – York Photographic Society – Will now be a Zoom event – Details here
- October 28th 2020 – Huddersfield Photo Imaging Club (HPIC) – Will now be a Zoom event – Reviewed on the HPIC website
- November 17th – York MIG – Zoom event
- February 18th 2021 – Worcester Digibox – Zoom event
- March 22nd 2021 – Driffield Photographic Society – Zoom event
- April 13th 2021 – North Fylde Photo Society – Zoom event
- May 11th 2021 – Brooklands Photographic Society – Zoom event
- May 20th 2021 – Blind Veterans UK – Online event
- November 22nd 2021 – Dewsbury Camera Club
- March 8th 2022 – Sheffield Photographic Society